Shop Policies  My Account  Shopping Cart

September 26, 2010

Happy BigA#@ Birthday, Steph!


In fall, 2005, I made my first trip to Whidbey Island, Washington . . . which has become my (and Bean Up The Nose Art's) home-away-from home. 

While visiting, I wandered into "The Paint Escape" -- a paint-your-own pottery studio, which has since been left to the trusty hands of another friend, the fabulous Ms. Tina -- and the rest is history.   Stephanie and Ruth were the shopkeepers; I was a death-penalty-appeals lawyer looking for a place to nurse my creative soul.  They invited me into their tribe of fabulous crafters and friends.  I would not have become an artist without these folks.  And I would not have gone into the business of selling art without the wisdom, encouragement and belief of Stephanie.

Last Saturday night, Ms. Stephanie celebrated a big birthday.  (We won't say the year.)  It was a terrific shindig at Mukilteo Coffee, attended by all the tribe.Happy birthday, Steph!!!  Thanks for everything, always!(She's the one in the birthday hat.  And howdy to Ruth!)    


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY MOLY! What an awesome post! Yes, you would too have become and artist and an entreprenuer but I'm glad I've been witness to your new phase in life...it's been my honor, truly.
You have taken the second picture only in 19 years of Ruth and I that I like! See? Another hidden talent!
YOU ROCK, Tamara! We're just your cheering squad.

 
 Footer