Shop Policies  My Account  Shopping Cart

February 1, 2011

Take yourself to Kayla's show

Here's where to head.

Which is at 1901 Broadway in Alameda, CA . . . hosting a satellite exhibit for the very cool Frank Bette Center for the Arts.  

Which is where you'll find the latest show by Kayla Garelick.

Along with being an incredibly warm, supportive, connecting person, Kayla is a lawyer-turned-artist (hmmm . . . a movement is afoot . . . .) and in this venue, her art is photography.  Beautiful, rich K3 Ultrachrome Archival Pigment Prints.  Of beautiful details of beautiful objects, blown big and gorgeous.  

Kayla says that, "With my art I seek to communicate the feelings I have while connected to the subject."  She is "filled with a sense that our world is part of a a magnificent process" and she feels "an intimate connection to this complex expansiveness."   There is "a connection to the splendor," which she seeks "to capture . . . to share with others."

It works.  The photos are awesome.  My own photography "skills" and the tininess of these compared to the wow-ness of her originals keep this blog from doing them justice.


Kayla says that, "By manipulating scale, I create space for your imagination."

Thank you!  We love space for our imagination to roam, and the richness of your eye, the colors and light and energy of your subjects provide catalysts for lots of imagining.  Nice work, Ms. Kayla!  YOU ROCK!!!

2 comments:

daydreamer said...

thanks for this great blog. your photos of my photos are incredible! you managed to avoid the glare and make my work shine!

Tamara said...

Thanks, Kayla. From such a find photographer as yourself, I really appreciate this. I struggle with all sorts of issues, including glare :)

 
 Footer