Shop Policies  My Account  Shopping Cart

November 11, 2010

Month of Gratitude, Day 11: Veterans

I am grateful for -- and amazed by -- veterans of the armed forces.


There's not going to be any discussion here of politics, or about war, or human kind, or what is the best or worst way to get along on this planet.  

In the first place, the older I get, the more I understand that I don't understand how things work.  What I do know is that things are way, way, way too complicated for us to be passing judgment on each other.  And so I wish we would just be able to love each other more.

In the second place, any discussion like that would detract from what is most important here:  the gratitude.  That anyone 18 years old would leave home and face imminent death daily?  That their families could endure this?  This alone -- let alone what actually happens -- is enough to silence anyone's words, except for "Thank you."




No comments:

 
 Footer