Shop Policies  My Account  Shopping Cart

November 5, 2010

Month of Gratitude, Day 5: Nature

I'm grateful for nature.

Victor Borge said, "Santa Claus has it right:  Visit people once a year."  

On my more misanthropic days, I agree with Mr. Borge.   Nature, however . . . well, we would all be better people if we'd immerse ourselves in nature every day.

For me, that begins with dog Gracie.  She's the liminal being in the house, bridging the worlds of people (which dogs have brilliantly co-opted as sources of dinner, treats, and warm beds out of the rain) and of nature.  


Being co-opted by Gracie has opened my vistas on walks, travels, road trips . . . allowing me to see and appreciate critters everywhere:
 


as well as their surface-grounded floral counterparts . . . .




and opened my eyes to horizons I would never have stopped to gasp at before:



Thanks to Gracie, thanks to nature, thanks to these wordless yet communicating beings and places that pour themselves out before us everywhere.  

No comments:

 
 Footer