Shop Policies  My Account  Shopping Cart

November 12, 2010

Month of Gratitude, Day 13: Coffee

Yes, coffee.  I am grateful for coffee.

It seems like a small thing.  Worthy of a day in the Month of Gratitude?  You bet.   Because without it, there sure as heck wouldn't be any Beans.  (Hehehe.)

Hi, my name is Tamara.  And I am a coffee-aholic. 



I use in the forms of espresso (black), and drip-filtered (with cream), and my favorite:  16 oz. lattes.  (No flavors, no straws.  Straws?  Yes.  Up here in Washington, the custom is to offer straws with which to drink out of hole in the plastic lid.  Another developing custom is to serve a chocolate-covered coffee bean as a "garnish" on the lid.  Delicious!)

I use coffee as comfort, as inspiration, as energy-giving, as ritual.  When I am making art, there is a coffee cup beside me.  When I am filling orders, there is a coffee cup beside me.  Right now as I am typing out this blogspot, there is a 16-ounce latte cup beside me, with about a half-an-ounce left in it.    

No doubt  one of the reasons I love the Pacific Northwest so much is because here, you hit the jackpot when it comes to drive-through coffee options.  This is a very small sampling of the stands within 10 miles of me:




You can also find fabulous lattes at the end of this Coupeville wharf, in William's shop, Local Grown:

Okay.  Gotta go now . . . . you know where.  


Thank you, coffee!




No comments:

 
 Footer